What is RPA Development?
In the process of modernizing and reducing labor intensity, companies look out for ways to automate all repetitive tasks and save capital. This is where they use the technology of Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Software technologies can be utilized to automate digital operations. It allows software users to build bots or software robots that can mimic and perform business procedures.
Users can utilize RPA to construct bots by watching human digital behavior. Let your bots complete the tasks after demonstrating how to accomplish it. RPA and the bots created by it can interact with any application or system in the same way that people do with the exception that RPA bots can work continuously non stop, far more quickly and with 100% accuracy and reliability.
An RPA developer is someone who works with business operations to create and optimize work processes. Their fundamental role is to design, develop and implement RPA systems. They create flow diagrams and strategic documents. RPA job opportunities have a steep growth curve in the world’s market with a lot of manual jobs being replaced by bot automated systems in most of the companies all around the world from a variety of sectors.
Types of RPA
Basically there are three types of RPAs:
1. Attended Automation– the automated process carried out by these technologies will need to be attended by humans
2. Unattended Automation– these devices have intelligence and the ability to make decisions
3. Hybrid RPA– the capabilities of both attended and unattended automation tools will be combined in hybrid RPA tools
What Industries use RPA
Healthcare– Here RPA can assist in scheduling patient data entry, processing insurance schemes, billing, and other jobs.
Retail– RPA assists retail sector with all the retail sector with order updates, notice sending, product shipping, shipment tracking etc.
Telecommunications– RPA assists the Telecommunication sector in monitoring, managing fraud data and updating customer data.
Banking– RPA is used by the Banking sector to increase job efficiency, data security, and data accuracy.
Insurance– RPA is used by insurance companies to manage work processes, enter customer data and create apps.
Manufacturing– RPA tools aid supply chain process in the manufacturing sector. It supports administration, customer services, reporting, data migration, and material billing.
How Does it Benefit Businesses Models
RPA is highly beneficial for companies as it:
1. Increases productivity
2. Boosts productivity to produce savings
3. Reaches accuracy objectives with dependable consistency
4. Boosts security of business data
5. Seizes scale-up opportunities
6. Creates data for crucial analytics
7. Improves customer service process
8. Automates without causing disruptions
9. Provides high return on investment
What are the various tools used for RPA development
2. Blue Prism
3. Automation Anywhere
8. NICE Systems
RPA Job Trends and Salary
It is estimated that automated systems could undertake the work equivalent to 140 million jobs by 2025. It is gaining popularity. According to indeed.com, the average salary of an RPA developer that has been recorded is around $110,000 per year. And the average salaries in India for different positions in this field are as follows: Developer- ₹ 5,31,602 per year, Front end developer- ₹ 5,61,841 per year, Senior developer- ₹ 7,29,603 per year.
The salary trends also vary with various other factors such as geographic locations, positions, and companies. People from non-IT backgrounds can also make their careers in this field. RPA has high utility and can be implemented across variety of sectors. Also, RPA is easy to learn as it doesn’t need any coding or programming skills as most of the RPA tools are based on drag and drop activities.
RPA is the need of businesses but has less experts in market as of now, hence offering higher chances of getting a job. Having a certification of any esteemed RPA course will be favorable and will provide an upper hand for grabbing a job over those who don’t have a certification.
Roles and Responsibilities of RPA Developer
1. Process designer– is responsible for understanding the current process. They need to come up with most efficient way of conducting the process.
2. Automation Architect– builds the RPA project using RPA tools. They are expected to use experience in programming to solve real world problems as well as day-to-day problems.
3. Production manager– ensures that the processes are being triggered as intended. They report bugs to the automation architect, reviews analytics and provides process improvement information to process designer.
1. Good analytical skills and problem solving abilities
2. Knowledge of any programming language makes learning RPA easier
3. Ability to integrate different technologies
4. Good communication skills
5. Exposure to SQL databases
RPA is one of the fastest growing and emerging careers globally, empowering lakhs of employees by offering significant opportunities to reskill and upskill to use RPA tools and gain high average incomes. There is a huge demand of RPA experts in different sectors especially IT industry. RPA has shown outstanding growth in the market in last few years as most of the companies want more accuracy, less labor and less down-time.
Nowadays a lot of organizations are providing full, high quality courses on RPA tools which makes it even easier to initiate a career in this field. Due to less competition and traffic in this sector as of now, grabbing a good opportunity is more or less trouble-free if one carries the right skills and expertise in the field. For people who want to restart their careers, RPA lays down significant chances to ace in finding a satisfying job offering a handsome stipend with minimal time and investment required for learning the required skills.
Read more related topics: